Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

How to install 2009 dodge ram signal mirrors

Customer Question

how to install 2009 dodge ram signal mirrors
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer Dodge. You will need to remove the door panels to gain access to the 3 fasteners that hold the mirrors on. Here is the information from the factory service manual for you to read. Hope this information is helpful, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

REMOVAL Door Panels

NOTE: Rear door switch shown, front doors are similar.
1.Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the door switch/bezel (1) from the door trim and disconnect the electrical connectors (2), if equipped.

2.If equipped, remove the manual window crank (1) using a window crank removal tool (2).

3.Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the mirror flag (4).
4.Remove the screw (2) and remove the interior handle bezel (3).
5.Release the plastic push pins (1).
6.Raise the trim panel (6) upward far enough to disengage the hooks on the back of the panel from the inner door and the door lock knob from the top of the panel.

1.Remove the door trim panel as necessary to gain access to the mirror. (Refer to 23 - Body/Door - Front/PANEL, Door Trim - Removal) .
2.If equipped, disconnect the wire harness connector (2) from the door module (3) and separate the support clip.

3.Remove the three nuts (2) that secure the mirror to the door and carefully remove the mirror.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i know how to install, but the signal light won't work i bought the 2009 ram chrome oem mirrors off ebay for my 2009 ram. I pluged in both wire connector, the mirror glass moves, but the signal light won't come on with blinker
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.
Oh, ok. I believe you will need to have that feature enabled with the dealer's StarScan tool. The dealer will connect the StarScan to the truck, and access the TIPM or Cluster Module to turn that feature on. As long as your truck has the correct harness for the turn signal mirror it should work after enabling the mirror turn signal feature.