George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

99 dodge caravan: heater fan quit working..ac..fan switch, no voltage

have a 99 dodge cravan. front ac& heater fan quit working,, rear fan and ac pump run,,,
checked fuse, ok. pulled dash and checked fan switch, no voltage at switch

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you have no voltage at the fan switch the blower resistor is the likely culprit. The blower relay is fed from the fuse in the underhood power distribution center, with the key on you should see power at the blower motor and terminal #5 on the fan switch. If there is no power to the fan switch on #5 either the fuse is open, the relay is not closed or the blower motor is open

graphic

The blower resistor is located under the wiper module on the engine side of firewall. There is a connector kit if the wiring/connector for the resistor is burnt

graphic

The blower motor and its connector is behind the glove box

graphic

The power distribution center diagram is below

graphic

Let me know how much help you need with this and I will provide anything you need to diagnose the problem

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

opened up fan cover and blew out 150 thousand miles of road dust and lubed fan, works ok for now, will replace fan,, thanks

Glad to hear it!! Thanks for using JA!!