Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

grand caravan: best way to change spark plugs

what is the best way to change spark plugs on a 05 grand caravan with 3.8 L engine
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
I will list below the procedure for spark plug removal. but i suspect you are concerned about the rear plugs, They are difficult to access, We go in from the top with universal adapters and extensions,It is a tight squeeze, but can be done. the book calls for 1.6 hrs and it take ten minutes for the front,That tells you how difficult the rears are.Hope this helps,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Notes

REMOVAL
When replacing the spark plugs and spark plug cables, route the cables correctly and secure them in the appropriate retainers. Failure to route the cables properly can cause the radio to reproduce ignition noise, cross ignition of the spark plugs or short circuit the cables to ground.

Always remove cables by grasping at the boot, rotating the boot 1/2 turn, and pulling straight back in a steady motion.

1. Prior to removing the spark plug, spray compressed air around the spark plug hole and the area around the spark plug.
  2. Remove the spark plug using a quality socket with a foam insert.
  3. Inspect the spark plug condition.

INSTALLATION

1. Coat threads of spark plug with anti-seize. Be sure not to get anti-seize ANYWHERE BUT ON THE THREADS OF THE SPARK PLUG as shown.
  2. To avoid cross threading, start the spark plug into the cylinder head by hand.
  3. Tighten spark plugs to 17.5 N.m (13 ft. lbs.) torque.
  4. Install spark plug cables over spark plugs. A click will be heard and felt when the cable properly attaches to the spark plug.