sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2006 dodge ram 3500, dual mass flywheel, how do I remove it

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming you have the trans and the clutch out but can't figure out how to get the flywheel off?

All engines no matter if they are manual or automatic trans have a flexplate, the same as an automatic would have. The flywheel bolts to the flexplate the exact same way a torque converter would on an automatic. On the right side of the engine, look around to the front of the bellhousing adapter on the back of the block. You will see a thin steel plate held on with two 10mm bolts. It's kind of high up. Remove this, and you will find a hole somewhere close to 2" diameter. This is the access hole for the bolts. You'll turn the engine over by hand until the bolts line up to this whole one at a time and remove them. They are 5/8" (16mm).