Rick Lindsey
Rick Lindsey, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 7 years experience at a 5 star chrysler, jeep, and dodge dealership.

I failed a smog test because of a bad pcv

I failed a smog test because of a "bad pcv tube." I don't know too much about cars, how much would that run me? Or is it something I could replace myself?
Hello i can help you with that,
PCV(posative crankcase ventalation) tube is a fairly easy and cheap task with minimal mechanic ability you should be able to perform this task. What is the year make and model of the vehicle and ill get you some instructions on doing this .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a 97 dodge intrepid, 3.5l engine.

In the above picture you can see the pvc hose and valve. Go to any parts house and get a pcv hose(any parts rep should be able to help you find what you need. simply remove the old hose(they pull and push on and off) and install the new one. And that should get you through the smog test. Hope that helps. any more questions please ask. Rick