mtech02
mtech02, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Chrysler master certified, chrysler certified diesel specialist, ASE master certified

How do i remove the headliner in an 08 dodge ram 2500?

Customer Question

how do i remove the headliner in an 08 dodge ram 2500?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mtech02 replied 5 years ago.

here is the information you requested

NOTE:

Headliner for Quad Cab model shown. Regular cab similar.

1.

On Mega Cab models, remove the front seats.

2.

Remove the A-pillar trim panels.

3.

Remove the upper B-pillar trim panels.

4.

On Quad Cab models, remove the upper C-pillar trim panels.

5.

Disconnect the wire harness connector (1) located at the left A-pillar from the headliner wire harness (2).

6.

Disconnect the headliner wire harness connector (3) from the inside rear view mirror.

7.

Remove the overhead console

8.

Remove the sun visors (4).

9.

Remove the sun visor supports (5) .

10.

Remove the dome lamp (6)

11.

Remove the two coat hooks (7)

12.

Lower the rear of the headliner (9) downward from the roof panel (10) and disconnect the headliner wire harness connector (8) from the center high mounted stop lamp.

13.

Lower the front of the headliner downward and remove the headliner through the passenger door opening.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is a quad cab and i just need a little guidance on removing the dome light and the overhead console or c panel as you put it. the a pillars and visors and coat hooks are no problem but i dont want to damage the rest by not knowing the proper way. thank you so much for your time!!
Expert:  mtech02 replied 5 years ago.

here is the overhead console

REMOVAL

1.

Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

2.

Remove the overhead console retaining screw (2), located in the front of console near the windshield.

3.

Using your fingertips, grasp the sides of the overhead console (1) and pull straight down evenly to disengage the two snap clips at the rear of the unit.

graphic

4.

Lower the overhead console from the headliner far enough to access the wire harness connectors.

5.

Disconnect the reading lamp wire harness connector (2).

6.

If equipped, disconnect the sunroof switch wire harness connector (1).

7.

If equipped, disconnect the Compass Mini-Trip Computer (CMTC) or Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) module wire harness connector (3).

8.

Remove the overhead console from the vehicle.

graphic

and the dome lights

DUAL LAMP - LAMP

1.

2.

Insert the tip of a small flat bladed screwdriver into the notch (3) between the lens (2) and the housing (1) on one side of the dome lamp unit.

3.

Gently pry the end of the lens downward until it unsnaps from the housing.

4.

Swing the lens downward until it is perpendicular to the housing.

5.

Pull the lens hinge/retainer end (4) of the housing downward slightly from the headliner, then slide the lowered end of the housing away from the mounting hole far enough to disengage the fixed retainer on the notched end from the headliner.

6.

Pull the lamp away from the headliner mounting hole far enough to disconnect the wire harness connector from the back of the lamp.

7.

Remove the lamp from the vehicle.

graphic