Chris
Chris, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Chrysler certified
19260407

How do I replace a crankshaft sensor in a 2005 Doge Neon

How do I replace a crankshaft sensor in a 2005 Doge Neon?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Do you have the 2.ol or the 2.4l?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2.0 L
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Remove the structual collor the bolts to the trans and engine block, Then there is another Plate that that will need to be removed that the sensor sits behind, Once you have those removed you may need to unbolt the starter and puch it back to get to the sensor easier, then you can disconnect the connector and it will be a 10mm or 13mm bolt that hold the sensor in, Here is a pic that will help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is not much help, especially since there is no legend to go with the picture. I need step-by-step instructions. I also need to know if "Forward" means "toward the front of the car." How do I get detailed, step-by-step instructions?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

the crank shaft sensor is located towards the back of the engine block in the front of the car next to where the transmission bolts to the engine

1. Raise the Vehicle

2. Disscoonect battery so you dont accidently ground something out on the battery

3. Remove the structual collar that bolt to the trans and engine block, There are 2 bolts that go through the collar into the oil pan, then 2 bolts that go through the collar onto the transaxle one towards the fron of the car and one towards the back, then there are 3 bolts that go into the engine block, here the ledger for that picture.

1 - TRANSAXLE
2 - STRUCTURAL COLLAR
3 - OIL PAN
4 - BENDING STRUT

4.After the the 2 collors are removed you should be able to see the crank shaft position sensor.Here a pic to see what your looking for

5. discconect the connector that goes to the Crankshaft Position sensor.

6. Remove bolt from the crankshaft position sensor and remove sensor

Chris, Dodge Technician
Experience: Chrysler certified