Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2007 Dodge Durango SLT stalls during long idling at 40 deg C.

Customer Question

Submitted: 5 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Have you checked for codes yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir,

I would like to inquire on the 2007 Dodge Durango SLT. Here in Qatar, the temperature reaches 45 deg C. During times when I need to idle the car, the temperature gauge increases, and when I try to push the accelerator to run the car, the engine start to stalls , it will continue for a few minutes and then back to normal engine run.

Do you have any recommendation to this type of problem?

Regards,

lyndon sia
+9746876341
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
can you check a few things for me/ you can get codes yourself. Sit in the drivers eat with the door closed, cycle the key on/ off three times with it ending in the on position. In the odometer window it will show codes. If you will do this i can help you with this.Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir,

It shows a sign of an engine.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
In the Odometer window, where it shows you mileage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
45451
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
that is the mileage, when you cycle the key on and off three times ending in the on position, the mileage will disappear and it should show something like PO303. or it will say DONE. try this again.Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Sir,

When you say On and Off, you mean starting the engine and off the engine. What I had done what on and off the position of the key but did not start the engine. Please clarify if I need to start the engine.

Thanks and regards,

lyndon
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.

No start in the off position and go to on, but not start, just to where you dash lites and gauges come on, then back to off, then on, then off then on then off,then on. this has to happen within five seconds, the where your mileage is, it will show you codes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Sir,

After the cycle, it says "done"

What would I do next?

Regards,

lyndon
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
That mean there are no codes stored, I would install some Injector cleaner in the fuel tank and see if this helps. Since there are no codes the computer is operating within its perameters, I suspect dirty Injectors. By the way, how hot does the gauge read when you say its getting hotter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir,

The figure shows in the gauge when the engine is running in normal mode is below the center gauge. But when it is hot, it is above the center gauge by 2mm to 3mm, and the temperature reading outside is 43 deg Celcius.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
that is normal, i would try the Injector cleaner first and see what happens, you can come back to this question if you have more problems.Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay Sir. Thank you very much.

Regards,

lyndon sia
+9746876341
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
any time, let me know how it works,Tim