Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2000 Viper GTS: When I stop the lifters make noise.

I have a 2000 Viper GTS with lifter noise. When I stop the lifters make noise. when I drive I can here a little noise. My oil pressure at idle is 45psi. I was told that this was normal from a Viper shop in Calfifornia. Let me know if this is true or not. If so is there a fix or upgrade for it.

Thanks bob
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer Dodge. Bob I have been a Viper tech for 10 years now and that engine does have a fair amount of valve train noise. It is because of the all aluminum design, (heads, block, etc.) Now if it seems as though you are hearing just one lifter, then there may be a problem, but if you are hearing all of them then this is a normal characteristic noise of this engine and I would not worry. Since your oil pressure is good you should be ok.

Hope this information is helpful, and please let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris