JamesH
JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Auto Service Tech Have Hands On Experience
18180325

Where is the fuel filter located on a 2005 Neon

Where is the fuel filter located on a 2005 Neon?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.
I have attached the location below and also the steps to replace. Let me know if you have questions Thanks!

Fuel Filter
Notes
Notes

REMOVAL

WARNING: THE FUEL SYSTEM IS UNDER A CONSTANT PRESSURE, EVEN WITH ENGINE OFF. BEFORE SERVICING THE FUEL FILTER/FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, THE FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE MUST BE RELEASED.

1. Refer to Fuel System Pressure Release in the Fuel Delivery System section of this group. The fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator is located on the top of fuel pump module. Fuel pump module removal is not necessary.
  2. Raise vehicle on hoist.
  3. Disconnect fuel supply line at the Filter/Regulator nipple (refer to Quick Connect Fittings).

Locking Spring Tab

1. Depress locking spring tab on side of Fuel/Regulator and rotate 90 ° counter-clockwise and pull out. NOTE: Make sure that the upper and lower O-rings are on the Filter/Regulator assembly.

INSTALLATION
Lightly lubricate the O-rings with engine oil.

1. Insert Filter/Regulator into the opening in the fuel pump module, align the two hold down tabs with the flange.

Spring Tab In Locating Slot

1. While applying downward pressure, rotate the Filter/Regulator clockwise until the the spring tab engages the locating slot.
  2. Connect the fuel line to the Filter/Regulator.
  3. Lower vehicle from hoist.

JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Auto Service Tech Have Hands On Experience