mtech02
mtech02, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Chrysler master certified, chrysler certified diesel specialist, ASE master certified
18075573

My 2008 Dodge Avenger will not shift out of park. It parked

Customer Question

My 2008 Dodge Avenger will not shift out of park. It parked fine last night now I can not get it out of park
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mtech02 replied 5 years ago.
chrysler is currently have issues with the shifters on that year make and model of vehicle were the shifter assembly is brakeing and not allowwing the vehicle to coem out of park. to get the car in gear all you have to do is remove the silver trim around the shifter it pulls up looking at the shifter on the drivers side there is a pink lever that you need to push towards the rear of the shifter while your foot is on the brake you can move thecar out of park while you hold the pink lever towards the rear of the shifter
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks that did work, so now how do I fix it. It looks like the pink lever is broke. How do I replace what ever needs to be replaced. How do you get to where you need to be.
Expert:  mtech02 replied 5 years ago.

it is covered under your factory warranty, chrysler will replace the shifter assembly

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am over 36,000 miles. I don't have warranty.
Expert:  mtech02 replied 5 years ago.

call chrysler customer service the number is XXXXX your owners manual and talk to them they may repair it for you for the reason that they are have ing such a problem with them.

the only way to fix this problem is to replace the shifter

mtech02, Dodge Technician
Experience: Chrysler master certified, chrysler certified diesel specialist, ASE master certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX helped. The car was blocking my driveway so I could not get my other cars out. Your advice let me get the car out of the way, while I contact the dealer to get it fixed. Thanks Again.

Doyle

Expert:  mtech02 replied 5 years ago.
glad i could be of assistance