1dodgewrench
1dodgewrench, Dodge Technician
Experience:  20+ years Dodge Dealer experience, ASE Master Certified and Viper Certified & Diesel Certified
18040430

location of crank position sensor on a 5.2 liter dodge engine.

Customer Question

location of "crank position sensor" on a 5.2 liter dodge engine. On a 1998 ram 1500 4x4. Please respond with a detailed picture.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  1dodgewrench replied 7 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer.

I have a picture form the chrysler book and can give you good directions, If you arent satisfied with the picture please don't feel obligated to accept. If you look under the passenger side of the vehicle the sensor sits in the top of the transmission beelhousing at about 2:00 position. it is held in by 2 hex head (metric) boltsgraphic and follow the wires up to disconnect them. When installing just drop in and tighten bolt and plug in new connector.

I hope this helps

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Please let me know it this picture is good enough, I own a ram and can go outside and take an actual picture of it, not sure how it will come out but will try.

Thanks!