Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

I'm trying to remove the valve body on a 46re transmission.

I'm trying to remove the valve body on a 46re transmission. I have all the bolts removed, but I can't figure out how to remove the linkage for the TV cable. What do I need to do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
You need to use a 7/16" wrench to loosen the bolt on the throttle valve lever and gearshift lever then use a couple of screw drivers to pry the levers off. You also need to remove the e-clip from the park pawl rod when the gearshift is in manual low, it is in the drivers side above valve body. I hope this helps, thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When you say that the gear shift is in manual low, do you mean that I have to shift the truck into first gear?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
Yes you do! You can do that after removing the shift rod from the shift lever then manually rotate the lever