1dodgewrench
1dodgewrench, Dodge Technician
Experience:  20+ years Dodge Dealer experience, ASE Master Certified and Viper Certified & Diesel Certified

What fuse controls power window on a 2004 dodge durango?

Customer Question

what fuse controls power window on a 2004 dodge durango?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  1dodgewrench replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer.

I am looking this up for you and it looks like it is a circuit breaker and not a fuse. It is in the fuse block in the dash and its a 25amp circuit breaker which reset when cooled off, so this should allow some window movement. If you find this not to be your issue, just let me know and if you are comfortable with doing some wiring checks I can try and assist you further.

Thanks and Have a Great day!!

Sorry, I was also trying to include a wiring diagram for you but seem to have hit a snafu. I hope the answer helps and please let me know if I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well the windows do not work from any door. I am comforatable doing wire tests. I was hoping there was a fuse under the hood that controled this. i have visualy inspected the fuses. i have also take off the door panel and sprayed connection cleaner on all the connections for the door switch.

Ok first I would think lets find and pull the circuit breaker from the fuse panel, it will be with all the fuses. The test both sides of the fuse holder for power with the key on. If there is power on one side use and ohm meter to check the circuit breaker (they don't go bad often). and please let me know the results. The fuse block you are looking for is at the left (drivers) end of the instrument panel. Please let me know the results if we need to continue further in our diagnosis.

Thanks!!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok i will do this tonight. how will i identify the correct fuse block? i assume you are referring to the fuse panel inside of the car? i do not recall seing any fuse blocks in ther but i will check again.

Ok, Please open the drivers door and look at the end of the dash panel, there should be a little door you can remove and see the fuse block, the circuit breaker looks like a big fuse with a metal cover on it, there should only be 1 or 2 so look at the back of the little door when removed most of the time they are numbered in the door, but be careful to look at it carefully sometimes it is a mirror image, (don't know why they do that) But match the fuse sizes tot he door to be sure you are looking at it correctly.

Thanks and look forward to you reply!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry my wife has been out of town. i will check tonight and if you are correct i will certianly accept.

thanks again

No problem, I hope it hepled

Have a great weekend!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok so i tested the silver 25a breaker. it has contitunity and i even jumpered the fuse box to bypass the breaker and that did not reslove the problem. power is getting to it

what next? i took a pic of the fuse box how can i get that to you?

Ok if the circuit breaker is good then we need to move to the door switches and check for power there. we will need to look to make sure the power is getting to the doors. There are modules which control the door operations and they are mini computers so it may be difficult. I am attaching the wiring diagrams to the front windows, hoping it may help.graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any idea where the relay in this diagram is located?

Hi, That relay is supposed to be in the fuse block under the dash. If you want to know if it's a good relay check either door lock switch. You are looking for power on the pink wire with a yellow tracer. If this has power continue to test the door switches, the wires in the diagram that go to the window motor will have power and one and ground on the other, they reverse directions depending on which way the switch is depressed.

Thanks and have a good day.