Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

1998 dodge grand caravan se: replace battery..battery

Customer Question

how do replace battery cables on my 1998 dodge grand caravan se sport 3.3, can they be replaced ? where can i get new one's from. not available at my local parts . and dealer can get it, but have to buy the whole wiring system for my van about $1500.00 for it that's crazy
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
Unfortunately, the battery cables are not supposed to be replaced separately. It could be serviced as a whole engine harness.
If you are handy with electricity and soldering iron, you can make you own positive and negative cables and safely re-route ( lay) it in the engine compartment.
You will need a high quality thick cable, terminals/posts.
Remember that you should observe the original circuitry and doing such alterations is on your own responsibility.