TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER- 20 + YEARS
6531745

1998 Dodge grand caravan: rear flap windows which are not working

Customer Question

My 1998 Dodge grand caravan has rear flap windows which are not working. What is the problem?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TIM replied 5 years ago.

POWER WINDOW AND VENT SWITCH TEST

1. Remove the driver or passenger door power window switch and bezel assembly from door trim panel. Refer to Body for proper procedures.
  2. Using an ohmmeter, Test driver door switch for continuity as described in

DRIVER DOOR POWER WINDOW SWITCH TEST

SWITCH POSITIONCONTINUITY BETWEEN
    OFF 13 and 1
    -13 and 2
    -13 and 3
    -13 and 4
    -13 and 5
    -13 and 6
    -13 and 7
    -13 and 8
    UP DRIVER11 and 8
    *DOWN DRIVER11 and 6
    *X DOWN DRIVER11and 6
    UP PASSENGER9 and 4
    DOWN PASSENGER9 and 2
    LEFT VENT OPEN11 and 7
    LEFT VENT CLOSE9 and 3
    RIGHT VENT OPEN 9 and 1
    RIGHT VENT CLOSE11 and 5

* MUST TEST WITH B+ ON PIN 9 AND GROUND ON PIN 13 FOR CONTINUITY BETWEEN PINS 11 AND 6

1. Test passenger door switch for continuity as described in
  2. If the results are not OK, replace the switch.

The driver door power window switch has a Auto-Down feature. The switch is equipped with two detent positions when actuating the power window OPEN. The first detent position allows the window to roll down and stop when the switch is released. The second detent position actuates an integral express roll down relay that rolls the window down after the switch is released. When the express down relay senses an amperage spike (motor pushing against down stop) in the feed circuit, current is turned off to the motor. The AUTO feature can be cancelled by actuating the switch UP or DOWN while window is in motion. Failure of the electronic switch to detect an amperage spike will cause the switch to disconnect after approximately 11 seconds.