a dodgetech
a dodgetech, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Tech 10+ Years of A/C and Electrical and Body Mechanical
17611435

2005 Dodge Caravan: the radiator have a petcock..vents..flush

2005 Dodge Caravan - Does the radiator have a petcock to drain the system? If so, where do I find it. Also, are there any vents that need to be opened when I flush the system?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  a dodgetech replied 5 years ago.

be sure and hit that accept button if i have answered your question

The draincock is located on the lower left side of radiator.

CLEANING/REVERSE FLUSHING

CLEANING

Drain the cooling system and refill with water. Run the engine with the radiator cap installed until the upper radiator hose is hot. Stop the engine and drain the water from system. If the water is dirty, fill the system with water, run the engine and drain the system. Repeat this procedure until the water drains clean.

REVERSE FLUSHING

Reverse flushing of the cooling system is the forcing of water through the cooling system. This is done using air pressure in the opposite direction of normal coolant flow. It is usually only necessary with very dirty systems with evidence of partial plugging.

REVERSE FLUSHING RADIATOR

Disconnect the radiator hoses from the radiator inlet and outlet. Attach a section of the radiator hose to the radiator bottom outlet fitting and insert the flushing gun. Connect a water supply hose and air supply hose to the flushing gun.

CAUTION: Internal radiator pressure must not exceed 138 kPa (20 psi) as damage to radiator may result.

Allow the radiator to fill with water. When the radiator is filled, apply air in short blasts. Allow the radiator to refill between blasts. Continue this reverse flushing until clean water flows out through the rear of the radiator cooling tube passages

a dodgetech, Dodge Technician
Experience: Chrysler Master Tech 10+ Years of A/C and Electrical and Body Mechanical
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dumb question; Lower left as I face the car or sitting in the car?
sitting in the car