Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

2005 Dodge ram 2500: my power tow mirror..adjust

my power tow mirror on my 2005 Dodge ram 2500 won't adjust side to side when it is in the regular position but works fine when it is in the tow position?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 7 years ago.

Since the mirror is capable of working, we know the switch is ok.

Seeing as this problem is dependent on the actual position of the mirror, leads me to believe that the problem is a broken wire inside the mirror itself.

Seeing as these a pretty pricey mirrors you will have to see if you can take it apart enough to run some new wires, or just purchase a used mirror if you can.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Mark
When I use the switch I can hear it click inside the mirror but nothing happens? Why does it wowk fine when the mirror is in the tow position but not when it in regular?

Is it possible to take the glass portion off to take a look?

Yes the glass can be removed....just be careful not to break it.

1. Position the glass (3) in the mirror (1) as shown to access the inboard mirror glass retainer clip (2).

2. Disengage the retainer clip (3) and separate the mirror glass (2) from the mirror motor.

NOTE: When disconnecting the wire harness connectors from the heated mirror glass terminals, note the location of each connector and its respective terminal for installation reference.

3. If equipped with heated mirrors, disconnect the wire harness connectors (1) from the mirror glass.