A) OK, now I'm beginning to get some sense of what is involved in removing these 2nd-row seats. (We're trying to reduce the overall weight of the van.) I am 60 years old and I've been a contractor for 30 years, so I am "mechanically inclined." However, I have no pictures or instructions yet about :
1) WHERE do I obtain the "special tool" ?
2) HOW do I attach the "special tool" to the "seat shaft."
3) Is this job outlined in a technical MANUAL somewhere ?
4) Is the PURPOSE of the "special tool" to prevent the spring tension from lifting the "bolt plate" as the "nuts" are removed ?
5) After the seats are removed, is it necessary to RE-FASTEN the "nuts" onto the "bolts" to prevent the bolts from falling out ?
This is my first time on "JustAnswer", so I'm not exactly sure how much help & detailed instruction I should expect.
I have not yet received the information that I am needing, however I am hoping that someone who has done this job before (or seen it done) will be able to shed some light on the 5 questions above - so that we can perform the job safely.