brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

where is the input/turbine speed sensor on a 2000 durango

Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Vehicle speed and distance covered are measured by the Rear Wheel Speed Sensor. The sensor is mounted to the rear axle. A signal is sent from this sensor to the Controller Antilock Brake (CAB) computer. A signal is then sent from the CAB to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to determine vehicle speed and distance covered. The PCM will then determine strategies for speed control system operation.

Thanks,

JB

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't think thats what I am looking for. The code is p0715 Input/turbine speed sensor circuit malfunction and the problem is causing the vehicle to shift hard. Auto transmission.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Can you send me the vin# XXXXX the vehicle? Want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks,

JB

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1B4HS28N2YF118694
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Got it...Here ya go. If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.

Thanks,

JB

INPUT SPEED SENSOR

REMOVAL

1. Raise vehicle.
  2. Place a suitable fluid catch pan under the transmission.
  3. Remove the wiring connector from the input speed sensor Input Speed Sensor
  4. Remove the bolt holding the input speed sensor to the transmission case.
  5. Remove the input speed sensor from the transmission case.

INSTALLATION

1. Install the input speed sensor into the transmission case.
  2. Install the bolt to hold the input speed sensor into the transmission case. Tighten the bolt to 11.9 N·m (105 in.lbs.)
  3. Install the wiring connector onto the input speed sensor
  4. Verify the transmission fluid level. Add fluid as necessary.
  5. Lower vehicle.

brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thats exactly what I needed. on the diagram it shows three sensors numbered one thru three which one is the input sensor?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Sorry it didn't come through I will try again. If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.

Thanks,

JB

1 - OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR
2 - LINE PRESSURE SENSOR
3 - INPUT SPEED SENSOR