Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

How do you disconnect the alarm on a 2000 dodge stratus le

how do you disconnect the alarm on a 2000 dodge stratus le
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 years ago.

The Factory Alarm should not be disconnected or removed, as there are components connected to it that will no longer function ( Lights, Door Locks, Horn, Ignition, etc.)

You can DisArm the Factory Alarm by:
Unlocking Driver or Passenger Door with Remote or Door Key.

Unlocking Trunk.

You can also DisArm by:
Find the Light GREEN / ORANGE wire in the Driver Kick Panel / Door Boot.
Connect one end of a 270 Ohm Resistor to the Light GREEN / ORANGE wire.
Connect the other end of the 270 Ohm Resistor to a toggle switch that is connected to a 5 amp Fused Input

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Soemone tried to break into the car, and i had to have a steering column, and ignition switch put in, since then the original key will not stop this problem, the door locks have been damaged and I cannot afford to have new doorlocks put in, everytime I start the car up the horn blows and the lights flash, i took the fuse out for the horn, but now the lights flash, now one of the headlights has gone out as a result of this, i cannot afford to pay the dodge dealer $139.00 an hour to resolve this problem, Is your answer the only way to resolve this inexpensively?
Sorry my answer is not to your liking, but it is the only way, as the Alarm is not a seperate Module from the rest of the components going thru it...