moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp

Dodge Ram 1500,2002 5.2 no bus on cluster,no start condition,of

Dodge Ram 1500,2002 5.2 "no bus" on cluster,no start condition,of course no communication...what it may be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
The no bus on the cluster means that the computer system on your truck has shut down. this can be caused by any one of the computers on the network.with out a scan tool the only way to check it is to unhook each computer one at a time and cycle the key each time until the no bus goes away to see which computer is causing the problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,according to service manual I checked for power,ground and resistance in the network wires to the cluster and it looks that the cluster might be the problem,is that true?
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
Yes it could be. That where your body computer is and it can take the bus network down. If I have helped you please hit the accept button. Thanks