2007 dodge magnum getting dtc p1004 what does this mean
I will attach the information on this code. If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.
P1004-SHORT RUNNER VALVE CONTROL PERFORMANCE
With the engine run time above a calibrated value, battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts , ECT within a specific range, and the Short Runner Valve Assembly control active.
This PCM compares the circuit feedback to a calibrated closed range when the circuit is de-energized or to a calibrated open range when the circuit is energized. If the value is determined to be out of the calibrated range in either the de-energized or energized state for more than a calibrated amount of time, this DTC will set.
2. (F343) ASD RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
3. (K236) SRV CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
4. (K236) SRV CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
5. SHORT RUNNER VALVE ASSEMBLY
6. POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) Using the wiring diagram/schematic as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors between the Short Runner Valve Assembly and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).Look for any chafed, pierced, pinched, or partially broken wires.Look for broken, bent, pushed out or corroded terminals.Refer to any Technical Service Bulletins that may apply.Were any problems found? Yes
17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,