tableland
tableland, triple chrys master
Experience:  a1-a8,b5 t2 l1 ase,level4 in all 10 cag for chrys HEV chrysler Specialist.
9510839

How do I remove the wiper arm on a 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 full

Customer Question

How do I remove the wiper arm on a 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 full size van
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jim Barlogio replied 7 years ago.

Hi, Jim here . this should help.. Let me know if you need any more info... Thanks again.

CAUTION : The use of a screwdriver or other prying tool to remove a wiper arm may distort it. This distortion could allow the arm to come off of the pivot shaft, regardless of how carefully it is installed.

1. Open the hood of the vehicle.

Wiper Arm Remove/Install

1. Lift the wiper arm to permit the latch to be pulled out to its holding position, then release the arm. The arm will remain off the windshield with the latch in this position.
  2. Remove the wiper arm from the pivot using a rocking motion.

Wiper Arm Installation

1. Install the wiper arm and blade with the wiper motor in the Park position. See the Wiper Arm Installation illustration.
  2. Mount the arms on the pivot shafts so that the tip of the wiper blade is on the upper edge of the lower windshield blackout area ±22 mm (±0.86 in.) .
  3. Lift the wiper arm away from the windshield slightly to relieve the spring tension on the latch. Push the latch into the locked position and slowly release the arm until the wiper blade rests on the windshield.
  4. Operate the wipers with the windshield glass wet, then turn the wiper switch to the Off position. Check for the correct wiper arm positioning and readjust if required.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Jim

This wiper is on a full size rasm 3500 maxivan. The whiper arm appears to have some kind of a keeper holding it onto the pivot. I have worked with the type you outlined in your answer, but this is different. Any Ideas??

Charlie Schwarz

Sorry I didn't get back sooner - had to ake my wife to dinner.

Sorry to take so long . Hopefully you got it off. I do not have a pic on that one. I will opt out and let someone help you. Thanks Jim

If you lift up there should be a little lever on the side to pull out or a spring clip between the shaft and wiper hub. OR there could be cap on the top.. remove it and check for a nut to remove..

Expert:  tableland replied 7 years ago.

maybe this will help you.

graphic

WIPER ARM

1. Lift the wiper arm to permit the latch to be pulled out to its holding position, then release the arm Wiper Arm Remove/Install The arm will remain off the windshield with the latch in this position.
  2. Slide the spring-like washer hose guard, located near the wiper pivot, up over the hose. Then, disconnect the washer hose at the nipple on the pivot.
  3. Remove the arm from the pivot using a rocking motion.
  4. Install the arm and blade with the wiper motor in the Park position. See the Wiper Arm Installation illustration Wiper Arm Installation Mount the arms on the pivot shafts so that the distance from the lower edge of the wiper blade tip to the upper edge of the lower windshield blackout area is:
    • 70 ± 25 mm (2.76 ± 0.98 inch) on the left side
    • 60 ± 25 mm (2.36 ± 0.98 inch) on the right side

Do you have the little clip on the side of the arm?

If you do and you have pulled it out to release the arm and it still won't come off.

I used a small battery cable puller to pull the arm off.

Let me know