b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

My yellow anti skid warning light keeps coming..restart..transmisson

my yellow anti skid warning light keeps coming on. when this happens i am stuck in whatever gear at the time. sometimes iI can pull over and shut down the engine and restart it and the light will go off and my transmisson will work right again. I noticed that if the light is on and I am going down a hill, it is very hard to stop. can you please tell me what this will or will not do
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Dodge?
-What model is your Dodge?
-How many miles are on your Dodge?
-What type of engine is in your Dodge?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

2003 Dodge sprinter econoline

117344 miles

V6

Tried changing trans fluid, light did not come on for a while , but after about 200 miles the problem started again.

I guess I am having trouble understanding how the anti skid system has anything to do with the transmission. I also seem to lose a little hp when the light goes on.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

my apoligies

its a frieghtliner diesle

ok the antiskid will cut the engine back on power when it is activated unfortunately without having a scantool on the vehicle to see what is causing the problem there is no way to diagnose the problem