vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified

need to install new cd player in dodge ram

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 7 years ago.
Good evening, inorder to help you further I need to know exactly what your wanting, such as original radio removal steps. Let me know and I will help you further. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we are trying to remove an aftermarket radio, pioneer cd player, to add amp to the radio, cant get the cd player out to access back part
One more item.....whats the year of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2006 dodge ram 1500 STX
Sorry about all the questions, but each response adds another variable to the equation. Do you have the factory floor console or the fold down cup holder assembly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
fold down

There are 2 screws that hold the radio bezel (center dash trim) in place that are access thru the fold down cup holder assembly. The the entire bezel was to be pulled off. The snap in fasteners hold tight so it will require some effort. Here are the related pics:

The 2 attaching screws are labeled #2 in the above pic.

If this answers your question then please press ACCEPT so that I may be paid for the time spent helping you. If you need more help then please let me know. Thanks

Im doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or ACCEPT the answer to your question yet. Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer.