Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience
14297198

I have check engine light on in my 2007 Dodge Charger SXT AWD

I have check engine light on in my 2007 Dodge Charger SXT AWD . Test show two code p1004 and p1005. How I can fix the problem and how much (+,-) I need to paid for that?Thanks.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
There is a service bulletin covering this problem, it involves reprogramming your powertrain control module, and possibly replacing the short runner valve actuator and/or the upper intake manifold. This should be covered under warranty if you're under 36,000 miles at no charge or if you're past that but within the powertrain warranty you'd just have to pay the $100 deductible.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im not on warranty i have salavige title what I'd need to do to save mony??
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner,

You're going to want to remove the short runner valve actuator from the intake manifold, it should be in the front center of the intake roughly right above the upper radiator hose, by hand rotate the srv valve shaft that it was connected to, it should move freely within it's 60 degree range of motion, 8 o'clock to 10 o'clock on your vehicle. If the shaft binds in any part of the range you'll need to replace the intake manifold, if the shaft moves smoothly you'll need to replace the srv actuator. You should also have the update performed on your pcm, the dealership should do it for an hour of labor or less