BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

Removal of blower motor on a 1999 dodge intrepid

The blower motor is located on the right side of the heater housing. The blower motor and the blower motor wheel must be replaced as an assembly.

1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
  2. Remove lower right under panel duct.
  3. Remove blower motor connector from resistor block/power module.
  1. Squeeze blower motor wiring grommet and push grommet through blower motor housing cover.
  2. Remove blower motor housing cover.
  3. Remove blower motor retaining screws.
  4. Lower blower motor from housing.
For installation, reverse the above procedures
Good luck,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how many screws are there to removal and there are they located
I don.t have that information, I'm sorry. According to these instruction though once you remove the cover under the dash the motor is right there.I have a picture of what it looks like, you will have to remove the old wheel and install the new one.graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My question was on the removal of the blower cover, how many screw and there location?
The original question says blower motor. To reach it you remove the lower right underdash panel which gives you access to the heater/ac unit. The panel may just remove by being pulled down but check for fasteners before pulling down and note how it is fitted at the left hand end. There is no instructions on the fasteners, I think you just pull it down then blower is exposed.