sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Engine quit codes popped up p1530 p1684 p0320 p1391

engine quit codes popped up p1530 p1684 p0320 p1391
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 years ago.

Hi. What year, model, and engine is your vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
03 3.3 v6

Ok. The p1684 just means that you disconnected the battery, nothing to worry about. I searched both the service manual and a code database and the p1530 does not show up as a code that Chrysler uses. I wouldn't worry about it, becuase your problem is related to the p1391 (intermittent loss of cam or crank signal) and the p0320 (crank position sensor circuit).

Where the bellhousing meets the engine lies the crank position sensor. If you veiw the powertrain from the left (driver's) side the sensor is at about the 2:00 position on the bellhsouing. It goes down in and runs off a tone wheel on the flexplate. It has a single 10mm bolt that holds it in. This sensor's signal is needed for the van to have spark. When this sensor drops out either intermittently or fully, the van will either cut out or die.

With the van cold to avoid burns from the exhaust crossover pipe, reach back there and find the sensor with your hand. Follow the wiring from it back to the main harness and make sure the wires aren't melted together. They can melt together from the exhaust crossover pipe heat, this will take the signal down. If you find the wires ok, replace the crank sensor. I prefer using a Mopar sensor only, I've seen way too many aftermarket sensors not work right out of the box.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If this answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button. If you need more help or more information, feel free to let me know, and I will help until you are completely satisfied! Picturesprinkles08 (Online) -- Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech -- 100% Positive Feedback on 2737 Dodge Accepts
ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist