brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

how do adjust the drivers side door to make wind noise sto

how do adjust the drivers side door to make wind noise stop?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Where is the wind noise coming from? Top? Bottom? Front? Back? Window?

Thanks,

JB

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is comming in around the top. I can pull the door in and the wind will stop. Just cant drive around like that.. Im just not that good
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

If the door lines up on the sides and front then adjusting the striker wont help. If not lined up adjust the striker. If lined up the top of the door will need to be bent in. Make sure the window is down before doing this or it could break.

Thanks,

JB

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no way to adjust the hinge to raise the door 1/8 of an inch or so
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Does the rest of the door line up? If so when you adjust it up it will create a leak at a different spot. You stated pulling the door in stops the leak, not pulling it up?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the top of the door is a slight bit lower that the rear door. so i think if i raise it up the problem might stop, but if i pull it in and make the seal tighter it also will stop.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

What is the year, make, and model and I will see if I have any diagrams to help with the adjustment.

Thanks,

JB

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2002 ram, 1500 4 door, 4.7
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

UP/DOWN

NOTE: Up/down door adjustment is done by loosening either the hinge to the hinge pillar fasteners or the hinge to door fasteners and moving the door to the correct position.

NOTE: When adjustment of the door requires the loosening of the door to hinge fasteners, it will be necessary to separate the epoxy bonded washers with a chisel or other suitable tool.

NOTE: When the up/down adjustments are done correctly, the top of the door is positioned over flush to the roof.

Support the door with a suitable lifting device.

1. Loosen the latch striker bolts.
  2. Loosen the hinge to door fasteners or loosen the hinge to hinge pillar fasteners
  3. Adjust the door to the correct position.
  4. Tighten the hinge pillar fasteners or the door to hinges fasteners to 28 N·m (21 ft. lbs.).
  5. Tighten the latch striker bolts.

1 - NUTS (2)
2 - UPPER HINGE
3 - STUDS
4 - FRONT DOOR
5 - WIRE HARNESS
6 - LOWER HINGE
7 - ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS (2)
8 - BOLTS (2)

brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,