sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

how do I disengage my alarm system from my 2006 dodge durango hemi

Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 years ago.

Hi. what kind of problem are you having with it? Is it the facotry system?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
battery was completely drained for months and keys were locked inside whe we got them out and started the dodge the alarm continuously goes of when we open or shut the doors. Key phob doesn't work but will start the durango
Ok. You've got a locked up wireless control module. They do give a little problem on these models. This is the module in the steering column that communicates with your key for the remote keyless entry functions and transponder functions if you have it. Open the fuse box under the hood and find the ignition off draw fuse. It is in a black plastic holder. It pops up to be able to remove the fuse but not take it all the way out. Pop the fuse up and let it sit with it out for a few minutes. This will many times bring the wireless control module out of its electronic lockup and allow it to work again. If it does, or if it doesn't, you will need to replace this module. There module has been redesigned so this problem doesn't happen again, its only a matter of time before this module quits completely.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do I fix it if it goes out completely
You have to replace the module. This is in the steering column and it has to be programmed with a dealer scan tool when its installed. It has to be programmed to the vehicle using the vin number, and the keys have to be programmed to it. This is why its important to get it taken care of because its not something you can change on the side of the road when you break down.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can i disconnect the alarm from inside the car by chance
No. The alarm system is controlled by the software in the instrument cluster, there isn't a standalone alarm system wired in. There isn't a way to turn it off without a dealer scan tool.