Shawn
Shawn, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  PA Certified Inspection emissions, ASE Brakes Suspension, Lead diagnostic Tech.20 years exp
9265294

how to replace the throttle position sensor on a 2000 Dodge

how to replace the throttle position sensor on a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.
Customer

Here are the instructions to replace the TPS on you Ram.

Hope this helps.

2000 Dodge Truck RAM 1500 4WD Pickup V8-5.9L VIN Z LDC
Throttle Position Sensor: Service and Repair
REMOVAL
The TPS is located on the side of the throttle body.
1. Remove air intake tube at throttle body.
2. Disconnect TPS electrical connector.
3. Remove two TPS mounting bolts.
4. Remove TPS from throttle body.

INSTALLATION
The throttle shaft end of the throttle body slides into a socket in the TPS. The
TPS must be installed so that it can be rotated a few degrees. If the sensor will
not rotate, install the sensor with the throttle shaft on the other side of the
socket tangs. The TPS will be under slight tension when rotated.
1. Install the TPS and two retaining bolts.
2. Tighten bolts to 7 Nm (60 in. lbs.) torque.
3. Manually operate the throttle control lever by hand to check for any binding of
the TPS.
4. Connect TPS electrical connector to TPS.
5. Install air intake tube.

Shawn

Shawn, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: PA Certified Inspection emissions, ASE Brakes Suspension, Lead diagnostic Tech.20 years exp