b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

Dodge Stratus: head gasket..Liter engine..V6..The timing markers was

I replace the head gasket on my Dodge Stratus 2001,2.7 Liter engine V6 with daul overcame . The timing markers was reset and the initialed timing. But the car wont start,can you give me any advice? The plugs are not getting any fire!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 5 years ago.
check your cam and crank sensor make sure they didn't accidently get unplugged
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience: ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went back in to see if any of the camshafts alignment markers was off, and one of them was off a few degrees. How many cam and crank sensors are there? And if one of the alignment markers was off, would this cause the spark plugs not to fire??
Expert:  b5demon replied 5 years ago.

there is one crank sensor and one crank sensor if the computer sees that the timing is too far off it won't allow the engine to fire the timing has to be on for it to start you will need to remove the timing chain and reset timing

b5demon, Dodge Technician