vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

how do i reset my dash abs and brake lights ?

Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 5 years ago.
Good evening, what make, model and year is the vehicle in question? Also........have you checked the ABS code and made any repairs yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the dash lights came on, so ghanged the brakes . front and rear. it's a 1996 dodge 1500 4x4 truck
The ABS light will not have anything to do with the actual brakes as far as pads and shoes. The ABS light comes on when a problem is detected and will stay on until it is repaired. Possible causes are items such as the rear ABS speed sensor in the rear end. To start the process you need to have the ABS codes retrieved and then run the test for that code. Otherwise changing the front and rear brakes will not make any diference on the ABS system. Once you have the code, let me know and I will help you further.
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified