Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

2004 Dodge Stratus: Headlights..turn signal..flasher..head lights

Customer Question

2004 Dodge Stratus. Headlights do not turn on via the turn signal on switch. High beam flasher does flash head lights. Swapped our all under the hood relays with other relays of same type. Viewed all fuses, none appeared burnt. All other electrical items function properly. I really don't suspect the multifunction turn-signal / headlight switch. Is there something else I'm missing?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 7 years ago.
Actually the most likely culprit IS the multi function switch. We replace alot of these.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a quick way to confirm / test the switch and how hard is it to replace; e.g., would you recommend I purchase a new switch and replace it myself, I am very good at mechanical and electrical things, or is it worth my time?

There are some continuity tests you can do on the switch to confirm this. You will need an ohmmeter to do it though. I can see if i can find the info if you have the meter to check it with.

Replacing the switch is not difficult but you need some torx bit sockets to remove the screws.