moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp

my car is making a loud whistling sound coming from back of

my car is making a loud whistling sound coming from back of motor 04 srt-4 neon is the turbo bad as far as i know it is a stock turbo
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
most likely you have a vacum leak that is causing the you here this noise all the time or just when the eng is under a load?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
high pitch whistling coming from turbo area it is not coming from fan belt, steady whistle doesn't get louder if i hit the gas or softer if i push in the clutch car drive fine no fall off in power stock exhaust and down pipe only mods are k-n air filter stock box and msd ignition box stock one went bad
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
sounds like a vacum can get some brake cleaner and spray the area the noise is coming from to help you find it the noise will change as well as the idle spedd when you hit the right spot if this is what it is.