Petek
Petek, Dodge Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years of experience, Im a master ase tech as well as a chrysler tech
13512669

My car wont start. Some of the dashboard lights turn on. The

Customer Question

My car won't start. Some of the dashboard lights turn on. The radio does not turn on. My car alarm opening/closing features still work. I've already tried jump starting my car. But, when I looked through my owners manual I noticed the car battery was apparently under a flap just in front of the driver side wheel. What do I do? And how do I fix my car?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Petek replied 5 years ago.

what is the year, make, model and engine size of the vehicle? And will the vehicle crank and not start? or if you turn the key it does nothing at all? is it a manual or automatic transmission.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is a 2002 Dodge Stratus. How do I search for my engine size? I'm looking through my owners manual but it's giving me both 2.4L and 2.7L. I think it's a 4cylinder but I'm not too sure. I just bought this car at a dealership just a month ago. It's manual and when I turn the key nothing happens at all. The dashboard lights come up and the car beeps and everything but, it just doesn't want to turn on. There is no sound or nothing when I crank it all the way.

Expert:  Petek replied 5 years ago.
look on top of the engine valve cover it is in plain view when you open the hood tell me what you see.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok it says 2.7L
Expert:  Petek replied 5 years ago.
O.k. what you will need is a test light and a friend, you will need to have the friend attempt to start the vehicle while you test the solenoid wire to the starter, and make sure it is getting power. It is the brown small wire, this wire should only have power while you are attempting to crank the vehicle. The other wire that goes to the starter is the big red B+ wire, this should have power all the time, not only when cranking, hope this helps let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thx I will try this first thing in the morning.
Expert:  Petek replied 5 years ago.
ok great let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No luck on that one. I can't gain access to either part. I'm just going to have it towed back to the dealership where I purchased it from. I appreciate your help and advice though. Thank you and have a Happy New Year to you and your familia.

Expert:  Petek replied 5 years ago.
O.k. glad i was able to make an attempt to help, happy new year to you and your family as well!