sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2001 Dodge: My heater blows cool air..warm air..4x4..radiator

Customer Question

My heater blows cool air and sometimes warm air but not hot air like it did when it was new. I have a 2001 Dodge 4x4 Quadcab with 360. I have replaced the radiator about 2 mo. ago it had a leak in. I just had the flush to see if it would help but no luck. Someone suggested a new heat core but i don't think that is the problem water flows threw the holes real good
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 years ago.
Hi. The first thing you'll want to do is make sure the coolant is getting up to temp. Check to be sure your temperature gauge is coming up to normal while driving. If it is, feel both heater hoses with the engine hot. See if there is a difference in the temperature of the hoses. Flush the heater core. Remove the hoses from it and run a garden hose through it in both directions for a few minutes. If you do this and both hoses are hot, the temperature gauge is normal, you may have a blend door cable that needs adjustment or the door is hanging up. The cable runs from the control on the dash to the top of the heater box where it attaches to the door. This is where the adjuster is. If you need to adjust the cable you have to drop the steering column and roll the dash back to access it.