ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Dodge. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259
Dodge

How do you get to the thermostat on a 2007 Charger 3.5L?

how do you get to... Show More
how do you get to the thermostat on a 2007 Charger 3.5L?
Category: Dodge
replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank youst Answer!

The thermostat in your vehicle is accessible from the bottom.
Here are the instructions on replacing it.
graphic
graphic
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
I did not mean to accept this answer. It did not tell me how to reset the check engine light after I have made the repair.
ase_master327, Shop Owner replied 7 years ago.
You have a check engine light on?

OHHH.. I see what you might be talking about.. If you just leave the battery cables hooked up.. it won't hurt anything. Disconnecting the battery usually opens up a big can of worms. I never disconnect the battery cables unless I absolutely have to.

If you have a check engine light on, you need to take it by AutoZone, and have them scan the codes for you, then come back and give us the codes. They will do it for free, in hopes of selling a part. They can also reset the light for you. Just make SURE you make note of the code before they reset it, if it comes right back on, you know there is a problem. The codes look like P0123 or similar, but there are over 1,000 of them... so it is nothing to be guessing at.
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
the Dodge dealer told me that the check engine light was on becasue the thermostat need to be replaced. I just thought it was crazy to pay them the $360 to have it replaced. I have changed them all of my life but this one must be more difficult to get to, but $360 seemed too high
Yes, 360 does seem high to me, too.

The job only calls for 1.1 hours of labor..

If it is overheating, or just not warming up, then there is going to be a problem with the thermostat.. and probably something else.

If it isn't overheating.. GO have them read the codes, and let me know what they are..

PS.. you don't have to pay for every reply. I will stay and help you, ALL you need. Laughing

Thanks!