moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp

2006 Dodge Magnum: 700 Transmission Control System..1st gear..2nd gear

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum an a diagnostic check showed PO-700 Transmission Control System,PO-730 Incorrect Ratio 1st gear,PO-732-Incorrect Ratio 2nd gear. I am trying to get this fixed without going to the dealer due to bad experiences that I have had in going in the past?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
can you tell me which eng you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i HAVE THE 3.5L ENGINE AN IT IS A SXT MODEL .
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
does the trans shift normal now or what type of problem are you having?
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This is my first time using this site an I do not see the answer to the first question? Please let me know if I should press accept an then I will see the answer, okay? I see that you said if the Trans shift normal now or what type of problems am I having ?

Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
yes I hit the wrong button I still need some info.Does the car shift normal now?is the only concern a check eng light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not see how to get the first answer to the P-700,730,732 issues? Transmission Control System,Incorrect Ratio 1st gear , Incorrect Ratio 2nd gear. This was a result of a diagnostic check. The care is not changing gears properly an the switch gear mechanism does not engage either?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not see how to get the first answer to the P-700,730,732 issues? Transmission Control System,Incorrect Ratio 1st gear , Incorrect Ratio 2nd gear. This was a result of a diagnostic check. The care is not changing gears properly an the switch gear mechanism does not engage either? I still need the answer to the original question because it is not showing one at all?
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
The most common problem with the gear ratio error code is a bad speed sensor .What you need to do first is unhook the battery for 5mins this will reset the system. hook the battery back up and drive the car to see if the code resets.