moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp
13195827

2006 charger. Problem with esp bas light on and wont turn off.

2006 charger. Problem with esp bas light on and wont turn off. Yesterday battery light came on and car lost alot of engine power. Turned it off, replaced battery and now the esp bas light is on and wont turn off, even if you press the esp button. put obd reader on and no codes came up. please help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.
this system is part of the anti lock brake system and you will need to be able to pull the fault codes from that system.most common problem is a wheel speed sensor has gone bad.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi. As I put in my question, there are no fault codes coming up in the OBD reader. also, are you sure there isnt any protocol you need to do when changing the battery...the light wasn't on until the battery was changed. For example, in my maxima when you change the battery the moonroof does not work until you hit the switch and hold several times. please give more detail as my son is travelling and I'm concerned about him using the car. also note the traction control lights (the little squiggles that come on when you lose traction).
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.
you can not read it with a obd code reader it is just pulling the codes from the eng controller.there is nothing you have to reset or do after the battery is changed.once it sees a problem it turns these lights on to tell you the systems are disabled.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok. one more thing, the brakes and rotors were just changed all the way around. is there anything I can check quickly (a plug etc...). Perhaps they knocked something off? Would I check the front or back?
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.
yes there are wheel speed sensors on each wheel check to be sure one is not unpluged