sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Durango 2000 5.2, error codes P0132/0135/P0141.

Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.
Hi. The p0132 is for the upstream oxygen sensor being shorted to voltage. The p0135 is upstream oxygen sensor heater failure. The p0141 is downstream oxygen sensor heater failure. It sounds like you probably have a bad upstream sensor, or a wiring problem. This can affect the downstream sensor because the heaters for both sensors are on the same fuse. Check over the wiring to the sensors, if you don't see anything replace the upstream sensor. You should find that it has blown the sensor heater fuse, fuse a in the box under the hood.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The wires you are talking about is to the fuse box or the oxigen sensor?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Autozones webpage doesn't no what the upstream sensor is. Does it have another name/s?

Check the wiring at the sensor area. It wraps up around the trans. Make sure it is not melted together basically. The code you have is short to voltage, which means the voltage was high, not a short to ground. The upstream sensor is the one in front of the catalytic converter, the downstream is the one behind it. A word of caution-aftermarket electrical parts can often be low quality. Also, if you do go with an aftermarket sensor, do not get a generic one that you have to cut the wiring harness up for. There are some sensors that make you cut the engine wiring harness in the vehicle, a horrible idea.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am looking at the fuses in under the hood and don't see a heater fuse.
It is fuse A, a 15 amp. I can't remember the exact labeling of it, it probably says oxygen sensor. The fuse box diagram in the manual is horrible, I can't read the writing on it. Check all fuses, you should find one is blown. If not, you may also need a downstream sensor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will check all the fuses. Teh 02 sensor seems to be good. Do the sensor have different names. I still can't find any of sensors on Autozones website. Does the 9 buck only cover this issue?

There is no way for you to visually inspect an oxygen sensor. The only way for you to know if it is good or not is to check the voltages with a scan tool, maybe backprobing with a voltmeter. I'm very sure you need at least one sensor, maybe two. There are two names for the sensors on your vehicle. There is the upstream, and the downstream.

We are not supposed to answer multiple questions without you opening a new question, but what other problems are you having?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I understand. I had both replaced over a year ago. Thanks

You are welcome. Please click the accept answer button and let me know if you need any more help!

Experience: ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist