sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2004 Dodge Ram 1500: the odometer no longer displays..Haul

2004 Dodge Ram 1500, the odometer no longer displays. Also when the Haul button is depressed, that does not display ethier.
Hi. Does the speedometer still work, just the odometer does not light up?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there more information you need?
That should be it. It sounds like you have a failed instrument cluster. If the speedometer works ok we know the cluster is getting the information it needs to run the odometer but it isn't lighting up. The overdrive off light reinforces it. If the switch works and overdrive turns off ok, then you know the button is ok, trans module is ok, we know the bus communication system is ok because everything else works, it only leaves the instrument cluster.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the info. That is what I am afraid of. Thank goodness for extended warranty and it better ber covered by Dodge. Smile

The overhead display is still working too so I have the trip odometer, MPG, DTE, compass, and temperature. Guess I will give the dealership a call.

Thanks again and I will accept the answer.

You are welcome, and thank you. Thank you very much for the bonus!