Good evening, the dodge ram doesnt use an actual BCM. It uses what they call the CTM, central timer module which performs the same features of a BCM on other vehicles. Here is info about the CTM and its location.
CENTRAL TIMER MODULE
Two versions of the Central Timer Module (CTM) are available on this vehicle, a base version and a high-line version. The base version of the CTM is used on base models of the vehicle. It is also sometimes referred to as the Integrated Electronic Module (IEM) The base version of the CTM combines the functions of a chime/buzzer module, an intermittent wipe module, and an ignition lamp time delay relay in a single unit.
The high-line version of the CTM is used on high-line vehicles. The high-line CTM provides all of the functions of the base version CTM, but also is used to control and integrate many of the additional electronic functions and features included on the high-line models. The high-line version of the CTM contains a central processing unit and interfaces with other modules in the vehicle on the Chrysler Collision Detection (CCD) data bus network.
The CCD data bus network allows the sharing of sensor information. This helps to reduce wire harness complexity, reduce internal controller hardware, and reduce component sensor current loads. At the same time, this system provides increased reliability, enhanced diagnostics, and allows the addition of many new feature capabilities.
Some of the functions and features that the CTM supports or controls include:
- Chimes for the following conditions:
- Headlamps on with ignition off and driver door open warning
- Key in ignition with ignition off and driver door open warning
- ABS lamp warning (if the vehicle is so equipped)
- Airbag lamp warning
- Check engine lamp warning
- Check gauges lamp warning
- Low fuel lamp warning
- Low washer fluid lamp warning
- Seat belt reminder lamp warning
- Transmission oil temperature lamp warning
- Ignition key lamp timer
- Intermittent wipe control
- Courtesy lamp time-out (high-line only)
- Enhanced accident response (high-line only)
- Horn chirp upon door lock with RKE (programmable) (high-line only)
- Illuminated entry (high-line only)
- Power door lock control (high-line only)
- Power lock inhibit (high-line only)
- Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) (high-line only)
- Rolling door locks (programmable) (high-line only)
- Speed sensitive intermittent wipe (high-line only)
- Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) (high-line only) (if the vehicle is so equipped)
Both versions of the CTM are mounted under the driver side end of the instrument panel, inboard of the instrument panel steering column opening.
If this answers your question then please press ACCEPT. If you need more help then let me know. Thanks.