Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4: Blue Book..crew cab..190,000 km

Customer Question

Can you tell me the 2005 Kelley Blue Book (or equivalent) of a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab long box with 190,000 km?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.

Hello my name is Mark.

There are a number of variables to your question. The most important of which is the overall condition of the vehicle.

Without knowing that, and not knowing which value you are looking for I will give you 3 examples.

As a trade in it's worth between 2100 and 2850

As a private sale it's 3475 to 4300

As a retail sale they suggest $5925

The engine and transmission combination can affect these figures a bit....you didn't list those.....but this should give you an idea. HTH.

The examples I am giving are for a vehicle in "good" condition........not fair and not excellent.

Your actual location in the country can affect pricing as well.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mark,

Is the value of my 1998 Dodge back in 2005? Auto transmission with a 5.9L gas Magnum. Location is Alberta. Can you help further?

Thanks.

Ok, I was using US info at first. Here is the canadian trade in value for your truck.

Low: $4,456.00 High: $5,956.00

I trust that answers your question........if not just reply.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That price range seems low using 2005 numbers for a 7 year old truck who's original price was $46000. What reference are you using?

Ok, I will opt out.

I misunderstood the question.

I don't know how you are going to find out what a vehicle was worth 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know either. Thanks anyway.
Good luck.