ProAnswerMan
ProAnswerMan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  All 8 ASE Certifications/ 25 yrs exp./ Dodge, Chrysler & Jeep Professional
9280826

WHY DOES MY 2003 DODGE RAM 1500 TRUCK STALL AT SLOW SPEEDS

WHY DOES MY 2003 DODGE RAM 1500 TRUCK STALL AT SLOW SPEEDS EITHER FORWARD OR REVERSE?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ProAnswerMan replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

On the stalling condition, have you had the throttle body cleaned? If it's dirty that will cause a stalling issue. Also the TPS (throttle position sensor) are common to fail intermittently on the 4.7L engines and not set a fault code. I'd recommend cleaning the throttle body first its quick and easy, and if it contenues then I'd have the TPS checked with a scan tool, the voltage spike is hard to see even with a scan tool but some of the newer scan tools are able to record and play back and thats usually how you can see the inproper feed back signal. Now the lamp out light is the light bar at the rear tail lights, its the grey bar that the light bulbs pop-into and screws to the tail light assemble, its be revised and cost around $23-$25. I'd recommend replacing both left and right sides at the same time. Thanks David.