Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist

Where is the fuel-pump inertia switch in a doge durango

Customer Question

where is the fuel-pump inertia switch in a doge durango
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 8 years ago.

lopexbenito, welcome to Just Answer!.

The short answer is... there isn't one. Write back if you have more information on what I figure to be a dead Durango. Feel free to include any info concerning the present problem.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

well can you pleas etell me whats wrong with my car i have bought a new fuel pump and it is still not starting

Let's give it a try! (thanks by the way)

Let me know a little more about what happened...

• Did your Durango die while driving?
  • If so, describe how it died while driving... did it shut off suddenly or slowly lose power over 5-10 seconds?
  • Was it a no-start? (Drove OK to where you are, engine cranked wouldn't fire).
  • Any history of this problem?

Your 2000 Durango supports a code-read feature that you can use right from the house to see if any codes are stored in the engine controller (PCM). Roll the key from off to on three times (leave ON) and see what spills out of the odometer window. Keep trying if it doesn't work at first... it WILL. The last thing you'll see is "P-done", which indicates the code-read is finished or no codes were stored. Let me know what you find.