vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

2004 Dodge ram 1500: Low beam left headlight would work..high beam

I have a 2004 Dodge ram 1500. Low beam left headlight would work sometimes and sometimes not, high beam was not affected by this problem. It quit for good the other night. Replaced the bulb but it still doesnt work. Put test light on it and it pulses the meter on low or high beam. Put another new bulb in to no avail, ran a hot wire to the low beam and it worked fine. Hope I have given you enough information. Thanks for your time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon, the headlamps are controlled with the integrated power module which is a actually the computer controlled fuse box under the hood, here is the related wiring diagram:

81584d87

I recommend checking the left side low beam output wire at the fuse box connector to make sure it is coming out of the fuse box and not a wiring problem. The most likely problem is the fuse box itself and the only repair is replacement. There is one thing you could try before spending the money for the part which Im sure isnt cheap. Keep in mind that im not too sure what problems it could cause but you might be able to get away with splicing the left headlamp to the right side headlamp low beam. It may draw to much current, but then again it may work and say you the money of the fuse box. Its worth a try if you want or you can purchase the integrated power module.

Here is a wiring diagram for the connector at the fuse box (integrated power module).

INTEGRATED POWER MODULE C7 - GRAY 26 WAY

CAVCIRCUITFUNCTION
1T750 14YL/GY (EXCEPT SRT)STARTER MOTOR RELAY OUTPUT
1F922 14PK/YL (SRT)FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN)
2W3 16BR/WTWIPER RELAY LOW SPEED OUTPUT
3F983 20PK/YLFUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN-ACC)
4A930 18RD (EXCEPT 3.7L BASE)FUSED B(+)
5--
6L43 18WT/DBLEFT LOW BEAM OUTPUT
7L34 18WT/GYRIGHT HIGH BEAM OUTPUT
8--
9A109 16OR/RD (GAS)FUEL PUMP RELAY OUTPUT
10--
11K51 20BR/WT (NGC)ASD RELAY CONTROL
11K51 18BR/WT (SRT)ASD RELAY CONTROL
12K127 18BR/OR (SRT)OXYGEN SENSOR DOWNSTREAM RELAY CONTROL
13--
14--
15L33 18WT/LGLEFT HIGH BEAM OUTPUT
16A72 18RD/OR (EXCEPT 3.7L BASE)ADJUSTABLE PEDAL RELAY OUTPUT
17C15 16DB/WT (EXCEPT 3.7L BASE/EXCEPT SRT)REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER RELAY OUTPUT
18--
19K31 20BR (NGC)FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL
19K31 18BR (SRT)FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL
20L89 18WT/YL (FOG LAMPS)FOG LAMP RELAY OUTPUT
21T751 16YL (EXCEPT SRT)FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (START)
21F102 18PK/DB (SRT)FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN)
22L44 18WT/TNRIGHT LOW BEAM OUTPUT
23T41 20YL/DB (DIESEL)TRS T41 SENSE
23T752 20DG/OR (NGC)STARTER RELAY CONTROL
23Z1 18BK (SRT)GROUND
24A944 20RDFUSED B(+)
25K343 16BR/YL (SRT)FUSED ASD RELAY OUTPUT
26--

You need to check the white and dark blue wire with the low beams on.

If this answers your question then please press ACCEPT. If you need more help then let me know. Thanks.

vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified