Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2006 Ram 2500: 186K My speedometer..brake light..ABS light..Truck runs

2006 Ram 2500 Diesel, 186K My speedometer stoped working, My brake light is on constantly and ABS light also. Now the engine light is on. Truck runs the same as when I bought it new 18 months ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer Dodge. It sounds like you have lost the wheel speed sensor signal to the abs controller. It works like this: The wheel speed sensor is hard wired to the abs controller, and then that controller sends that speed information to the trucks other controllers that need that info such as the engine's pcm, the instrument cluster, overhead console, etc. It is also possible there is another problem with the abs system such as a faulty abs controller or ? . The diagnosis needs to start with the abs system. Before you do anything, check the fuses that supply battery and ignition voltage to the abs system. If they are ok then we will need to connect a scan tool to the truck and check that system for codes and make sure the abs controller is responding.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The metal part of the right front brakeline going into the caliper is bent down and the small abs line is conected but isn't held by the little clips to the brake line. There is no leak but I am afraid to bend it back for fear of braking. no pun intended. I will check fuses. ON the fuse cover is a list of fuses, which one am I looking for.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Check fuses 13,18, & 28

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have checked all the fuses including those 3 many times, all good except cig lighter, it keep blowing when not in use.

Thanks

Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Do you have access to a scan tool? If so, connect it to the truck and check the abs system. Hopefully there is a code that will help us narrow it down.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No acess to scan tool. Can I buy one?

Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Sure, but if you don't want to shell out the bucks for one I recommend checking with your local auto parts store. They will more than likely connect their scan tool to your truck and check for codes for no charge in hope that you will buy a part from them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok.. Thanks alot, I will try that. You were very helpful.

Dave

Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Glad to be able to help. Thanks for using Just Answer Dodge!
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience: ASE and Chrysler Certified Master Tech