Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

1974 Dodge Dart Swinger: rack.. driveway..years, cranked and driven

Customer Question

What is my 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger worth? It is in pretty good condition, a pretty green with a luggage rack on the back. It sat in my parents' driveway for years, cranked and driven occasionally. Two years ago my husband took it to a local auto body shop; he wanted to have it completely restored for us. The body shop owner says he's been unable to find certain parts needed and consequently, my car has been at his place way too long with nothing being done. This has not disturbed us too much because we have been caring for my mother during a lengthy illness. She passed away last October and now my dad is very ill. I think it's time my husband and I make a decision about what to do with this vehicle -- certainly I think we need to get it (don't know where we'll put it, though). We don't really know the true cost of restoring it, if we should, or whether we should just try and sell it. Any thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Clayso replied 8 years ago.
Hi there. Let me know some information on this vehicle. Engine size? How many miles? Auto or stick? Also what body parts are you needing? Then I can dig around and find you some answers.